A Custom Made Horse Gift Basket
Design It Yourself!
A fine horse gift basket of your own making - a bushel of pleasure.
How about a gift of your own creation? A custom-made gift basket for your horse lover is one idea.
Gift baskets have likely been around about as long as gifts themselves. Great fun to put together and great fun to receive.
The Three Components
- the container - get one locally, who wants to pay shipping and handling on a bucket?
- the goodies - get them locally or over the net, or through us (hint, hint)
- the horse gift wrap - we will leave this up to you.
If you'd like to share your own thoughts on what would make a great gift basket for a horse lover
you'll find an invitation to do so at the bottom of this page.
- feed bucket
- galvanized pail
- wicker basket
- muck bucket (for lots of goodies or big stuff - no pun intended)
- plastic storage bin (not too exciting but very useful)
- tool box (with a lift out tote tray)
- tote box
- a saddlebag (or pair), pommel-bag or cantle pack
- a coffee mug -(see below)
- Lead ropes (cotton is best)
- Halters (nylon or rope)- several for the owner of a herd ( leather halter for show)
- Grooming supplies (you can buy a kit but this might be more fun - a tote box will give added value for this type of gift)
- Farrier & Hoof Care Items (picks, brushes, knives, trimmers)
- Items ranging from apparel to coffee mugs featuring equine designs that you select or have created yourself.
- An Equine First Aid Kit ; big container for the barn (here is where the tool boxes might come in handy), small one for the trail; a very practical gift.
- Treats (a horse gift for the horse of course, apple-oat biscuits are generally well appreciated!)
- Books, videos, a couple of horse magazines
- Items for the trail; emergency kits, snacks, maps, compass, saddlebags (reading material for an extended trail riding vacation)
- Items for show and eventing
- Riding Gear/Helmet/Hat
- T-Shirts/Sweat Shirts
- Spurs (not recommended for the beginning rider)
Another idea for a gift "basket" might be a large coffee mug featuring an equine logo. Good for the morning cup of coffee of course, but it also makes a fine pen and pencil holder or filled with candy or other goodies makes a nice
Holiday or Thank You Gift.
Tip: Clear cellophane gift wrap might work best here.
Whatever you choose to do, get a container of one sort or another and have some fun creating your very own horse gift basket!
What Would You Put in a Gift Basket for a Horse Lover?
We'd love hear your thoughts about what you'd place in a basket, box, bucket or tub that would make a super gift basket for a horse lover.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Photos Not rated yet
Photo frames with a picture of the horse you are giving the goodies too.
WELCOME NEWCOMER Not rated yet
THIS WOULD BE A "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF HORSES" GIFT BASKET FOR ANY AGE GROUP.
Since horse lovers seem to be a fun and passionate bunch I would take …
Gift Basket for my Girlfriend Not rated yet
A Double-sided Saddlebag filled with Goodies.
My girlfriend and I really enjoy riding horses and also attending equine events, and my gift basket …
A Basket for a German-Speaking Rider Not rated yet
A lover's gift basket for a German speaking rider could include.
-A "Reiter Revue" magazine (the finest German equine magazine)
-a packet …
Happy Trails Not rated yet
When horse lovers get married they need a special kind of present.
(So maybe I felt a little silly as they sat there opening thier new toaster, …
Bucket of goodies for Tween girls Not rated yet
Start with a galvanized pail that she can use in the stables or in her bedroom to store hairstyling items, etc. Use straw to fill the bottom of the bucket. …
Saddle Care Gift Basket Not rated yet
A Saddle Care Gift Basket would be the ideal gift for the serious rider. Many riders forget to pay enough attention to the care of their, often very expensive, …
A Gift Basket for a Horse Lover: Not rated yet
You can start off by lining a fairly large basket with real hay. Then put in this basket some raw carrots, apples, peppermint treats or other cereal. …
Click here to write your own.
Back to Top of Page
Back to Your Guide to Gifts for Horse Lovers Home Page